13th Annual Justice Robert Benham Award for Community Service, The State Bar of Georgia and the Chief Justice’s Commission on Professionalism, February 28, 2012.
United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit, Orangeburg, S.C.: Former Federal Judicial Law Clerk.
Supreme Court of Alabama: Former State Judicial Law Clerk.
Madison County Industrial Authority Attorney: 2000 to present
City Attorney, Danielsville: 1995-2010
City Attorney, Comer: 1998-2008
Admitted to practice law in Georgia and in Federal Courts:
Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts, Georgia
U.S. District Court, Northern District, Alabama
U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeals (4th & 11th Circuits)
State Bar of Georgia.
American Bar Association.
Northern Circuit Bar Association.
Martindale-Hubbell rating: BV® Distinguished™ 4.4 out of 5
1992 J.D. cum laude University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia.
1989 M.S. Geology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
1985 B.A. Economics, University of the South, Sewanee, TN
1984 B.S. cum dignitatae, Natural Resources, University of the South, Sewanee, TN
• Acquisition and sale transactions
• Business operations and management
• Employment-related matters
• Lending transactions
• Mergers and Acquisitions
• Permitting and Licensing
• Commercial Real Estate
• Development Financing Lending
• Homeowners Associations
• Restrictive Covenants
• Condominiums Lease Transactions
• Public/Private Joint Ventures
• Residential Development and Closings
• Corporations, Limited Liability Companies & Partnerships
• Professional Associations
• Sole Proprietorships
Probate and Estates:Administration of EstatesChallenges to Probate and Estate AdministrationGuardianship and ConservatorshipIdentifying Creditors, Heirs and BeneficiariesPreparation and Filing of Probate Petitions, Wills and AdministrationProbate of Wills and EstatesTitle to Land
Wills and Estate Planning:General Power of Attorney (Financial)Healthcare Power of Attorney (Advance Directives)Lifetime planning for the disposition of assets and interestsLiving WillsTrustsWills
Land Use and Zoning
• Access and Easements
• Specific performance (of a contract)
• Boundary disputes
• Commercial transactions
• Condemnation (Eminent Domain)
• Contract and Construction
• Development Permits
• Dispute resolution
• Environmental Issues: permitting, regulatory, and land use issues.
• Home Owner Association and Property Owner Associations
• Land Trusts and ConservationProtective Covenants
• Property division
• Property tax issues
• Purchase/Sale and Refinance Transactions
• Quiet title actions
• Riparian Buffers
• Subdivision Approval or Amendments
• Title Exams and Title Insurance
• Zoning and regulatory matters
• Elder Abuse
• Estate Planning
• Guardianship and Conservatorship
• Powers of Attorney
• Long-Term Care
Adult and Child Guardianship & Conservatorships:
A guardian is a court-appointed agent who has the responsibility to manage an incapacitated person’s or child’s financial affairs.A conservator is a court-appointed agent who has the power and the duty to act on behalf of the ward (child or incapacitated adult) to protect the ward’s property and manage healthcare and medical issues